Two months ago Ali, Phillip, Grace and I dug a hole to make a pond.
I am now back from 7 weeks in cameroon and the pond is full of water. It looks rather like a muddy puddle, not a beautiful home for wildflife, but, over time I hope to transform it so that it is bursting with beauty.
Today I put a plant in it. I hope it is a reed that will filter and clean the water but time will tell. Simon and I dug it up from a stream in Wentloog.
We also planted:
Fir apple potatoes
Some other double barrel named potatoes (I will recored the name when I remember it)
Shallots
Simon planted more potatoes, jerusleum artichokes and onions when I was in Cameroon.
We will now watch and wait and when my camera is repaired I will make a photo record of what appears.
No comments:
Post a Comment